[CentOS-devel] VoIP SIG - Any update?

Graham Williamson

graham at williamsonsinc.id.au
Sat May 24 06:04:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 18:24 +0200, Patrick Laimbock wrote:
> On 16-05-14 17:28, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > On 05/16/2014 12:36 AM, Graham Williamson wrote:
> >>
> >> I've noticed that this page
> >> http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Voip hasn't been created yet
> >> with who's interested and wants to get involved, who's doing what and
> >> next actions from the meeting back in February.

> >> Is anyone currently leading the charge at this point?
> >
> > Patrick and I spoke about this last week and we have a broad overview of
> > things, but we need more sessions to workout what the specific
> > deliverables are going to be, how we engage various upstreams and bring
> > in potential partner projects to the mix. Our chat this week got
> > hijacked, other things got in the way, but we are planning on another
> > one next week; welcome to come and join.
> >
> > Patrick, maybe we can just use this list to setup the chats and use
> > google hangout next time rather than irc ?
>
> That works for me. I hope to find some time this weekend or early next
> week to work on this. Would be great if we could discuss it with the
> interested folks in the Community and hear their input.

Cool, I've sent off a request for wiki access to the centos-docs mailing
list to create and edit the VoIP SIG page.  In that I also suggested the
page be http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/VoIP rather than
http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Voip  I'm a stickler for
accuracy about acronyms.

Once this has been created, I was planning to add a link to the CentOS
office hours youtube vid and some summary notes of what was discussed.