[CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:49:27 UTC 2014

On 5/29/14, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2014, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> The license seems to be CC
> 	http://dotcolon.net/font/vegur/

The one in http://www.fontspace.com/arro/vegur seems to be in the
Public Domain. I'll try to contact Vegur designer so as to clarify
this issue.

> the only possible objection might be that it is already in use
> by another prominent project, and so there is some 'visual
> namespace' collision
> 	http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/10/fontastic-how-libreoffice-got-its-font.html

Should we contact the LibreOffice leaders as well to verify whether
they are ok with us using Vegur in CentOS release numbers? Note that,
this is a preventing action. The CentOS release number has not to be
present on all images all the time but in some necessary cases only.

--al.