[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG Update

Fri May 23 17:06:37 UTC 2014
Patrick McGarry <patrick at inktank.com>

Hey all,

Since things have been on the back burner a bit since the Inktank
acquisition I wanted to refresh what's going on in the world of the
Storage SIG.

KB, Lala, and I met yesterday to discuss current status and as it
turns out things are actually still moving along.  Ultimately we have
3 major goals for the near-term:

1) Collect srpms for Ceph/Gluster to populate CentOS repo (complete)
2) Ensure Ceph/Gluster are installable from a single repo
3) Ensure Storage distro work w/ virt

Ideally we would like to expand the storage considerations beyond
Ceph/Gluster, so if anyone has storage tech that they would like to
heap on to the pile we definitely want to make sure we're enabling as
many things as possible.  Perhaps the xtreemFS or mooseFS guys would
care to participate?  At the very least it would be good to get a
non-red-hat member into the storage mix now.

If anyone has questions or concerns please let me know.  Once we have
a workable setup I'll push that out again for some actual consumption.
 Thanks.

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director, Community || Inktank