[CentOS-devel] Rolling Monthly snapshots

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 7 12:30:01 UTC 2014

On 11/07/2014 12:18 PM, Nux! wrote:
> Thanks for the effort, this is great!
>
> I personally have no preference on when the images are built as long as they are refreshed regularly.

cool,

> Any chance the PXE images can also be updated regularly? It's nice to have more up to dat

This is in the pipeline, something i want to address once we have a
stable process for 5/6/7 rolled images.

My plan was to initially build an net-install like iso, that gives us
the installed+updated tree that can still hit the base-os + update tree
as well as pxe images and a rescue environ. However, it becomes
important to only use those images against a mirror.c.o tree that is
either same date or newer than the build date.

Validating this and testing this is going to be semi complex, but its
something worth doing for sure. Lets pick up on this in the week of Nov
18th I think.

--
Karanbir Singh