[CentOS-devel] Switching to centralized authentication for centos.org infra (aka FAS vs IPA)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Nov 12 22:03:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:13:53 +0100
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

...snip...

> In the short list, we have selected IPA and FAS.
> The requirement list is there :
> http://wiki.centos.org/InfraWiki/CentralizedAuth (still a draft, and
> to be completed)
>
> Feel free to comment here, or update the wiki (if you have already
> edit rights, otherwise feel free to ping someone from the infra team)

A few comments. ;)

The current stable fas uses TurboGears 1 (and various other python
deps). There is TG1 for epel7, but we are working on a new fas 3
version that will use flask. If there's any hard requirements of things
you need from fas, now would be a great time to ask for them to be
added to fas3.

Fedoauth is merging with the ipslion project.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/FedOAuth_Ipsilon_Merge
Fedora will be switching to the merged ipsilon soon. Note that fedoauth
provides not only openid, but persona and others. ;)

kevin