[CentOS-devel] CentOS Bug Tracker and ABRT

Jakub Filak jfilak at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 13:09:29 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I want to briefly introduce myself. I am a Red Hat employee working on ABRT[1].
We have recently added support for CentOS on the ABRT server[2] and we would
like continue in these integration efforts.

First of all, I want to submit a pair of patches improving ABRT's UX on CentOS:
- do not offer users to report to Red Hat Portal
- offer users to send an email to upstream
- stop wasting of resources by running sos, because its output is useless for
  CentOS users

In the near future, we would like to integrate ABRT with CentOS Bug Tracker in
the same way as ABRT integrates with Red Hat Bugzilla[3]. We are done with the
analysis phase[4] and, now, we are working on a testsuite[5].

Unfortunately, MantisBT misses more advanced searching what prevents us from
implementing a tool similar to one we have for Bugzilla. At least we need to
search by DUPHASH (an unique identifier of a crash, something like tag).

Would you be willing to run a MantisBT plugin adding the things we need, if we
develop it?

Best regards,
Jakub
http://wiki.centos.org/JakubFilak