[CentOS-devel] Is CentOS SCL EL6 still updated?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Nov 18 18:56:11 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 08:51 AM, Jake Shipton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to be a bug here and ask this. But I was just wondering if CentOS
> SCL for EL6 is still being updated?
>
> Just wondering because yesterday (The 17th) RedHat released a couple of
> security updates for MySQL 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 and it would appear that
> C6 has yet to receive these updates, where as EL7 and EL5 did.
>
> Which makes me wonder if the SCL for C6 has been either discontinued or
> the update was simply forgotten/unnoticed or had build issues?
>
> Just curious mainly, if it is now discontinued I'll happily compile the
> update myself, if not I'll happily wait :-).
>
> Either way, I'd just like to know what's happening so I can make plans
> going forward on a couple of production machines.
>
> Anyhow, Thank you for your time.
>
> Note: Posted on -devel list as this really is a question more geared
> towards the CentOS team more so than it's users so the correct people
> see it.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
> GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
> GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F
>
> Relevant RedHat Links:
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-1862.html
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-1860.html
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Workstation/en/RHSCL/SRPMS/mariadb55-mariadb-5.5.40-10.el6.src.rpm
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Workstation/en/RHSCL/SRPMS/mysql55-mysql-5.5.40-1.el6.src.rpm

We are currently reworking how we do SCLs in CentOS.

We are going to be doing them all in a SIG, see this link:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL

I will try to specifically build the security updates for those packages
now (and maintain Security updates for SCLs already released), but
expect SCL support to shift to that SIG in the near future.