[CentOS-devel] Importing of of CentOS-6 SRPMS for git.centos.org

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Nov 19 12:51:59 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 01:07 PM, Mike McLean wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org
> <mailto:mail-lists at karan.org>> wrote:
>
>     >> 5) vdsm-4.9-63.el6.src.rpm
>     >>
>     >> Centos has just one build of vdsm, which does not appear on ftp.rh.c.
>     >
>     > /var/ftp/pub/nfs/mirror/centos-second/vault/SRPMS/6.1/updates/SRPMS/vdsm-4.9-63.el6.src.rpm
>     >
>     > I see it as from the 6.1 era according to my 'additive'
>     > mirroring ... additive in the sense that uniquely named files
>     > are not deleted once seen, using a bit of basename()
>     > post-processing
>
>     yeah, i remember this one - it was mis-released upstream iirc, and then
>     later moved aronud ( was it a rhev package ?? )
>

> Yes, it appears to have been part of rhev-h.
>
> So if it was an error, should we exclude it from the import?

I would say no if:

1.  It is not maintained by CentOS

2.  It was mistakenly released into the stream only once upstream, and
then removed.

3.  It was removed by CentOS.

Since all of those are true, I would say we do not need to import it.

It does not hurt anything to have it in git either, but I don't think it
is required though.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes