[CentOS-devel] Proposal for CentOS dist-git design

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 15:30:43 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

this is related to the new SCL SIG [1], which is supposed to bring SCL
development into CentOS, which is supposed to become upstream for
Software Collections.

I've promised I'd look at how dist-git could look like on CentOS side,
since we want to start keeping source code for SCLs under CentOS soon.

So, [2] is a proposal -- please, take a look at it, so we have something
to start with. Let's see if it is feasible.

We can also move it to CentOS wiki, which would be more appropriate
place for it, but I cannot figure out a where I have permissions to add
some new content to.

More information about Software Collections concepts is available at [3].

What next? I think we should gather some feedback on this proposal, try
to figure out open questions there. Then we will pick up some software
collection and create some PoC build from CentOS dist-git.

Regards,
Honza

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Hhorak/Draft/centos-scl-git-proposal