[CentOS-devel] CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) - driver via_velocity

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:19:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Marcelo Barbosa
<firemanxbr at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
>    I have some servers running CentOS 6.5 with network driver
> "via_velocity", but in new CentOS release (7.0.1406) this driver not
> present, more informations bellow:
>
> # modprobe via_velocity
> modprobe: FATAL: Module via_velocity not found.

>    Sugestions ?

via_velocity is one of the many drivers removed from RHEL/CentOS 7. I
suggest you ask ELRepo to provide a kmod package for the driver.
Another option is to ask CentOS to enable the driver in the centosplus
kernel. Either way, you can use the respective project's bug tracker.

Akemi