[CentOS-devel] How to mirror https://git.centos.org/project/rpms and https://git.centos.org/sources/

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 14 10:03:57 UTC 2014

On 11/14/2014 07:34 AM, Wang, Weiwei wrote:
> Hi Centos friends,
>

> Recently I am trying to  do a mirror for centos rpm git repos and
> lookaside cache, but I meet some problems and hope someone can give me
> some instructions here:
>
> 1.     For the git repos from https://git.centos.org/project/rpms, how
> can I get a complete list for all the rpm repos, and then I can create a
> script to clone them together;

you should be using the api instead of scraping the site, refer:
http://gitblit.com/rpc.html

> 2.     For the lookaside cache, I tried to use rsync or lftp to mirror
> it, but all failed, Is there any special steps I need to follow to do
> the mirror?

there is no rsync access to the lookaside, yet; but you should be able
to walk the git path and get what you need, when you need it.

What problem are you trying to solve here, are you looking for a local
cache for network-performance reasons or just looking for a local repo,
just in case git.c.o goes down ?

--
Karanbir Singh