[CentOS-devel] CentOS Bug Tracker and ABRT

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Tue Nov 18 19:03:08 UTC 2014

On 11/18/2014 07:09 AM, Jakub Filak wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to briefly introduce myself. I am a Red Hat employee working on ABRT[1].
> We have recently added support for CentOS on the ABRT server[2] and we would
> like continue in these integration efforts.

Welcome.

> First of all, I want to submit a pair of patches improving ABRT's UX on CentOS:
> - do not offer users to report to Red Hat Portal
> - offer users to send an email to upstream
> - stop wasting of resources by running sos, because its output is useless for
>   CentOS users

Sounds good so far.

> In the near future, we would like to integrate ABRT with CentOS Bug Tracker in
> the same way as ABRT integrates with Red Hat Bugzilla[3]. We are done with the
> analysis phase[4] and, now, we are working on a testsuite[5].
>
> Unfortunately, MantisBT misses more advanced searching what prevents us from
> implementing a tool similar to one we have for Bugzilla. At least we need to
> search by DUPHASH (an unique identifier of a crash, something like tag).

Indeed. It's quite basic, which has been good for us so far, and the
simplicity was key early on.

> Would you be willing to run a MantisBT plugin adding the things we need, if we
> develop it?

I'd already been looking at updating our mantis setup and adding some
useful plugins. This sounds like a good thing, and I'm certainly willing
to give it a shot.

 I wonder if we should stand up a 'beta' site for demo/testing, copied
from bugs.centos to see what people think.

Thoughts from others?

--
Jim Perrin