[CentOS-devel] [rh-scl] Proposal for CentOS dist-git design

Remi Collet

Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Nov 27 06:56:46 UTC 2014

Le 26/11/2014 18:34, Honza Horak a écrit :

>> How can we manage, p.e. php-mcrypt (huge user demand) in this
>> configuration ? (part of php in Fedora, and php-extras in EPEL).
>
> Not sure what are you asking for. php-mcrypt will be part of php56
> collection for instance, but I probably did not understand the question.

php-mcrypt is only an example, not part of php54 or php55 (or any other
future collection). This extension have a dependency on libmcrypt not in
RHEL/CentOS.

For base packages, this extension (and its dependency) is available in EPEL.

For SCL, we have

https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/php54/
	clone/backport of official RHSCL

https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/remi/php54more/
	additional packages (initially designed for EPEL, but ...)

And of course "mcrypt" is only an example.
php-extras provides:
	interbase dependency on firebird
	mcrypt    dependency on libmcrypt
	mssql     dependency on freetds
	imap      dependency on libc-client
	tidy      dependency on libtidy

And of course Fedora/EPEL have tons of extensions [1] which are not
available in RHEL nor RHSCL.

Some are useful for modern web (mongo, redis, zmq...) some for
developers (xhprof, xdebug...).

Remi.

[1] list on http://rpms.famillecollet.com/rpmphp/rpm.php?type=pecl