[CentOS-devel] Importing of of CentOS-6 SRPMS for git.centos.org

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Oct 7 19:42:26 UTC 2014

As was discussed before, CentOS-6 SRPMS are going to be imported into
git.centos.org as well and will be processed like CentOS-7 ones are now.

We want to bring everything in from 6.0 initial and through 6.4+updates
initially, then we will do 6.5+updates (as that is changing right now).

So, I have created a 6.0 to 6.4 set of lists.  These lists live at this
location:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/EL6-Import/

The two lists so far are:

EL6-non-mod-SRPMS-sorted.txt
centos-6-srpms-modified.txt

1.  The EL6-non-mod-SRPMS-sorted.txt is all SRPMS used in CentOS-6 in
their unmodified form.  The order they appear in the file is the order
they will be imported into git.  What is important for history is that
(for each NAME) they are imported in the correct order, so from 6.0
through 6.4+updates, the order of packages used in CentOS-6 for
389-ds-base would be:

389-ds-base-1.2.8.2-1.el6.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.8.2-1.el6_1.3.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.9.14-1.el6.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.9.14-1.el6_2.2.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.10.2-15.el6.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.10.2-18.el6_3.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.10.2-20.el6_3.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-11.el6.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-12.el6_4.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-14.el6_4.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-20.el6_4.src.rpm
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-22.el6_4.src.rpm

All of these packages will come from ftp.redhat.com and be imported.

2.  Next is the centos-6-srpms-modified.txt file .. that actually
contains a list (in the order they will be imported) of all source
packages modified for CentOS-6 (again 6.0 to 6.4+updates) and their RHEL
counterparts. All packages without a .centos. in the name will come from
ftp.redhat.com, all packages with a centos in the name will come from
vault.centos.org and the order should alternate so that we have RHEL
package and then CentOS Package, then repeat for each NAME for an SRPM.
So, for example, for anaconda, it would be:

anaconda-13.21.82-1.el6.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.82-1.el6.centos.1.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.117-1.el6.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.117-1.el6.centos.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.149-1.el6.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.149-1.el6.centos.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.176-1.el6_3.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.176-1.el6.centos.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.195-1.el6.src.rpm
anaconda-13.21.195-1.el6.centos.1.src.rpm

3.  I will be creating a 3rd list (not yet done) of the kernel packages
since we actually have the 'exact same' ENVR for kernel packages as RHEL
in CentOS so that 3rd party kernel drivers work for the boot isos.  That
list will be added sometime today.

What I would like for some one (as many as will do it :D) to verify that
importing things in this order into git will result in the proper git
tree for each 'name' package ... so the above 389-ds-base will produce
chronological order imports ... same for anaconda in #2 ... with the
added desire to get RHEL then CentOS packges in the correct order.

You can see the names of the SRPMs in every CentOS release in
vault.centos.org/6.0 through 6.4 .. we are concerned about os/ and
updates/ SRPMS.

Does this make sense, and are there any errors in the lists?