[CentOS-devel] Question about generating a spin of CentOS 7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:15:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> Sounds mostly like the officially documented procedure from 4/5/6 that's
> been in place for a while. In my opinion it's a terrible way to do
> things, and I much prefer pxe and networked installs as you get updates,
> avoid rebuilding media, etc.

PXE - or even DHCP infrastructure isn't practical everywhere.  Is
there a simple way to make a USB boot media that allows manual network
setup but then does a network/kickstart install?   And/or has a
VNCCONNECT baked in for where you need remote hands-on support but
want to minimize what they have to do?

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com