[CentOS-devel] Closer integration with softwarecollections.org

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:25:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> this would also be a great example of how we can work with a dist-git
> layout and an upstream git repo in git.centos.org; maybe best to thrash
> out the best formats for this and branch naming etc in the scl list

How difficult would it be to map versions _exactly_ to fedora
distributions in addition to the more stable upstream version?  I've
often thought it would be nice to be able to use/test more up to date
development tools without the hassle of dealing with the experimental
kernels you get if you actually install fedora.  With a software
collection approach having a number of choices available on a stable
system might work.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com