[CentOS-devel] New repo layouts

Colin Walters

walters at verbum.org
Mon Oct 20 21:56:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> My initial thinking would be to structure this a bit like SL does
> software collections. Docker would be a stand-alone repository that
> could then also be a part of a larger repo for atomic or other project.

I would like to have inheritance even just for Atomic, because of things
like backported systemd - I'd like developers/compose boxes to be able
to access one repository that doesn't pull in the newer systemd.  Then
the content repository includes that base plus the backported bits.

(It's not quite clean at the moment because ostree requires a newer
glib2, but that's not as invasive as new systemd)