[CentOS-devel] Policy for Ad-Hoc Upstreams: Development Hosting

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:44:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> It does indeed. This circles back to a discussion several months ago on
> this list about tiered repositories, best practices, etc. We've known
> for a while that this would come up, but before it was mostly just
> discussion and theory. Now we're looking at putting it into practice
> with deliverable content.

So was/is there a theoretical resolution of how to handle
tiered/alternative packages either where concurrent installations
conflict or where concurrent installations are desirable along with a
way to distinguish which instance you want to run.   In this context,
I'm not sure it is even relevant whether or not these packages come
from different repositories.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com