[CentOS-devel] Question about generating a spin of CentOS 7

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:08:23 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:
> Why does this feel like you're intentionally attempting to be difficult?

Because legalese is always difficult - and there are a bazillion VM
images available with preinstalled apps and it would be very confusing
if they can't mention the underlying OS name.

> This is bog-standard and not at all specific to centos. Our terms are
> fairly comparable to pretty much every other large distribution. We're
> not looking to interfere with normal sys-admin uses or even hosting
> companies. We actively *want* people using our stuff.

Also I think my old favorite respin from Centos5 days (K12LTSP) would
technically not be permitted, even though it basically just added
stuff (very useful stuff at that, back in the day when getting a
working java was painful).   And that would have been a big loss.

--
   Les Mikesell