[CentOS-devel] getting epel-release into CentOS-7- extras/

Michael Lampe mlampe0 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:10:05 UTC 2014

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> EPEL is 'best effort'. ...

Correct. Some things will always be delayed or are actually never done.
That's why I have configured priorities also for epel and suggested to
do something like this for the centos copy.

> * Folks actually filing bugs when they see overlapping packages so we
>    can remove them from epel (instead of posting about them where
>    maintainers are unlikely to see them and retire their epel packages).

epel 5 has about 100 and epel 6 has about 75 packages filtered out with
respect to base by priorities. With this in mind I wasn't expecting
anything different from epel 7. So: please forgive me for not having
filed these and the 175 ones before.

-Michael