[CentOS-devel] 32-bit CentOS 7 - can I help?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:02:15 UTC 2014

On 09/11/2014 05:30 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Keep a track of what fails and what is missing, we can then workout a
> way for you to feed that back into the system and from there into
> buildlogs. Stuff is a bit hectic till the middle of next week, at which
> point we can have a go at making this happen. I suspect it might take
> you a few days to get to a stage of relative confidence!

FYI, here's my initial take on what's missing ...

autofs
blas64
blas64-devel
blas64-static
cmpi-bindings-pywbem
esc
fence-sanlock
glusterfs
glusterfs-api
glusterfs-api-devel
glusterfs-devel
glusterfs-fuse
glusterfs-libs
glusterfs-rdma
gnome-abrt
gnome-boxes
gnome-python2
gnome-python2-bonobo
gnome-python2-canvas
gnome-python2-devel
gnome-python2-gconf
gnome-python2-gnome
gnome-python2-gnomevfs
gnome-weather
gnu-efi
gnu-efi-devel
gnu-efi-utils
grub2-efi
hyperv-daemons
hypervkvpd
hypervvssd
ibus-chewing
ibus-hangul
ibus-libpinyin
ibus-m17n
ibus-rawcode
ibus-sayura
infinipath-psm
infinipath-psm-devel
inkscape
inkscape-docs
inkscape-view
java-1.6.0-openjdk
java-1.6.0-openjdk-demo
java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel
java-1.6.0-openjdk-javadoc
java-1.6.0-openjdk-src
kernel-debug
kernel-debug-devel
kernel-tools
kernel-tools-libs
kernel-tools-libs-devel
lapack64
lapack64-devel
lapack64-static
libguestfs
libguestfs-devel
libguestfs-gobject
libguestfs-gobject-devel
libguestfs-java
libguestfs-java-devel
libguestfs-tools-c
libipathverbs
libipathverbs-static
libtsan
libtsan-static
libvirt-daemon-driver-qemu
libvirt-daemon-kvm
libvirt-lock-sanlock
lua-guestfs
mokutil
mpitests-mvapich2-psm
mvapich2-psm
mvapich2-psm-devel
nautilus-sendto
ocaml-libguestfs
ocaml-libguestfs-devel
ocaml-libvirt
ocaml-libvirt-devel
open-vm-tools
open-vm-tools-desktop
open-vm-tools-devel
perl-Sys-Guestfs
perl-XML-LibXML
pesign
python-libguestfs
qemu-kvm
qemu-kvm-common
qemu-kvm-tools
ras-utils
ruby-libguestfs
samba-vfs-glusterfs
sanlock
sanlock-devel
sanlock-lib
sanlock-python
sblim-wbemcli
seabios
seabios-bin
seavgabios-bin
sgabios
shim
shim-unsigned
spice-server
spice-server-devel
supermin
supermin-helper
syslinux
syslinux-devel
syslinux-extlinux
syslinux-perl
syslinux-tftpboot
tboot
transfig
virt-top
xorg-x11-server-Xspice

I'm ignoring package versions and releases for this comparison on the
(possibly naïve) assumption that the key to getting the OS bootstrapped
is getting *any* version from upstream built.  (This, of course, means
that the kernel isn't listed, because of
kernel-3.10.0-121.el7.i686.rpm.)

Looking at a minimal 64-bit install, the only missing packages are
kernel-tools and kernel-tools-libs.