[CentOS-devel] 32-bit CentOS 7 - can I help?

Nathanael d. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Sep 12 01:48:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-11 at 17:26 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 09/10/2014 05:51 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > so if you were to hit the repo's at buildlogs, you should be able to
> > workout what is missing, once we have that list we can start doing some
> > manual builds.
>
> So I've decided to take the approach of getting a mock-based build
> environment set up, which led me to wanting to get yum installed inside
> the chroot, which led me to my first missing package -- python-pycurl.
>
> I now have a shiny new python-pycurl-7.19.0-17.el7.i686.rpm, built in a
> 32-bit CentOS 7 chroot.
>
> What should I do with it?

You could also look at smock that builds chains of packages and places
them into a self hosted repo to be used as part of the build chain
process. Or you could look at mockchain which does similar however I
think it requires you to figure out the build dependencies yourself. I
received some code from Seth way back that took a pile of RPMS and would
break it out into ordering and grouping so you could build a whole bunch
in parallel in groups if you had the infrastructure. I think it had the
potential to have issues apparently something to do with the nature of
build dependencies. However its always served me well. If you want a
copy of it I can put it up someplace. I also have a modified version of
smock that could build multiple packages in threads or in multiple sub
processes if you want those versions instead of whatever you find
online. I submitted a patch upstream but really have no idea if it was
merged as I think smock is essentially dead when it comes to new devel
but it works so I keep using it.

--
Nathanael