[CentOS-devel] Centos 6.5 / httpd version

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Sep 18 19:10:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-09-18 at 18:16 +0200, Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> RH backports those changes/fixes to the version released in EL6. That is
> 2.2.15 and will very likely remain that way for the rest of the lifetime
> of EL6. You can't really compare upstream httpd versions and EL versions.

Yeah, I was aware of the backport nature of RHEL. My confusion came
because the blog post is a redhat.com domain and specifically stated the
http version required. It also said to add the +TLSv1.1/2 to the
SSLProtocol line. Which resulted in an error message from Apache.

When running a ssl configuration tester against it I can see that
TLSv1.1 and 1.2 are available dependent on the cipher suites so it looks
like it is backported but the blog post details are inaccurate.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Nathanael