[CentOS-devel] Wallpaper

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:56:32 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/26/2014 03:48 AM, Andrew Ognev wrote:
>> You're right. Wallpaper is rendered at resolution 1920x1200.
>> You can set on 1920x1080 or smaller widescreen without modifications,
>> for higher resolution it's possible to re-render, but It'll take a while.
>
> Pardon my ignorance - I know very little about Blender. Would it be
> possible to tell us how we could take the blender file and render it to
> the size of our own liking? I'm using a 4K monitor, not many wallpapers
> for that resolution yet...

I am a blender newbie, too. :)  I tried to find an option to specify
the dimension (resolution) from the command line but was not able to.
The only way to achieve this was by running blender in GUI and set up
the desired parameters in the Dimensions section.

"Resolution The Dimensions section has settings for the size of the
rendered images. By default the dimensions SizeX and SizeY are
1920×1080 and can be changed by adjusting the X and Y fields. These
buttons control the overall size of the image."

(from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Output)

Once this is set, blender used the specified resolution in the
subsequent run from the CLI. For example, the following command seems
to have worked (to write a jpg file):

blender -b Wallpaper_3d_logo.blend -o /tmp/wall.jpg -F JPEG -x 1 -f 1

Akemi