[CentOS-devel] openafs userspace packages

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Sep 30 23:58:56 UTC 2014

On 10/01/2014 12:52 AM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> So, we try to disable and avoid any mechanisms involving the kABI/DUP
> stuff as much as possible. If it is not possible to build against every
> kernel in CentOS's buildsystem, that's not a showstopper, since 'most'

The distro buildsystem can do hooks, one of which is a dep chain. It can
trigger builds for packages based on build status of others. So its easy
to add a srpm for the kernel mod, and have that build just after any
kernel does.

The thing we need to workout is going to be how that might cascade down
to the koji setup at cbs.centos.org which we intend to use for all SIG
work, and eventually for all builds in CentOS.

Maybe for now, the hook against distro kernel might be to just call the
koji command that builds the openafs kernel module

--
Karanbir Singh