[CentOS-devel] debug info

Nathanael D. Noblet

nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon Sep 15 16:49:47 UTC 2014

Hello,

  So this isn't strictly a devel issue but I'm not sure what's going on.
I have a CentOS 6 server that has some issues I'm trying to debug
however debuginfo-install fails to work.

  For example running debuginfo-install httpd returns:
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
enabling epel-debuginfo
 * base: mirror.metrocast.net
 * epel: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
 * epel-debuginfo: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
 * extras: mirror.ash.fastserv.com
 * updates: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
Checking for new repos for mirrors
Could not find debuginfo for main pkg: httpd-2.2.15-31.el6.centos.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
apr-1.3.9-5.el6_2.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
apr-util-1.3.9-3.el6_0.1.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
db4-4.7.25-18.el6_4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
expat-2.0.1-11.el6_2.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
openldap-2.4.23-34.el6_5.1.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
openldap-2.4.23-34.el6_5.1.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
pcre-7.8-6.el6.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
glibc-2.12-1.132.el6_5.4.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
libselinux-2.0.94-5.3.el6_4.1.x86_64
Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
zlib-1.2.3-29.el6.x86_64
No debuginfo packages available to install

This happens on multiple systems (2 real hardware and 1 VM). Not sure
how to address it as those packages are definitely in the repo
http://debuginfo.centos.org/6/x86_64/ as defined by
CentOS-Debuginfo.repo .

Thoughts?

--