[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 on ppc64 - OpenJDK

Kai-Thorsten Hambrecht

lists at hambrecht.org
Thu Sep 25 12:24:40 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

we are currently "porting" an application to Linux on Power. As our
application is java-based, this would be very easy. We already have
packaging for CentOS 6.x (x86_64), which is of course also suitable for
RHEL 6.x.

Since there is no released CentOS PPC port yet, we are currently working
on RHEL6.5 ppc64, however this lacks OpenJDK-7 packages
(java-1.7.0-openjdk, compared to i386/x86_64). Building
java-1.7.0-openjdk from Source RPM with a tweaked spec file does not
work quickly as there are also lots of missing required build packages
on ppc64.

Does anyone have a proper bootstrap build chain to successfully build
the OpenJDK-7 package (java-1.7.0-openjdk). Or does anyone have already
build ppc64 packges?

Thanks in advance,
 Kai.