[CentOS-devel] openafs userspace packages

ross smith

gaurdro at gaurdro.net
Fri Sep 26 18:34:37 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on reworking the upstream spec file to work with
centos.  I've been keeping track of my progress on my github page [1] and I
welcome pull requests if you find a problem.

I have pulled out all of the code related to the building the kmod, as I
think that should at least be rewritten from scratch and quite possibly
should live in it's own spec file.  I did turn off the transarch paths
configure option, which will break external scripts that expect the legacy
paths.  Turning off the transarch paths also meant I had to put moved files
back into subpackages and I might have misplaced some files and not noticed.

Finally, I've gotten the userspace packages building in koji [2] with
minimal testing. Use at your own risk; they might kick kittens.  Note that
these are only userspace packages.  You'll need the kmod from some other
source to make the client work.

Ross Smith

[1] https://github.com/gaurdro/openafs

[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=7703952