[CentOS-devel] getting epel-release into CentOS-7- extras/

Kevin Fenzi

kevin at scrye.com
Tue Sep 2 17:51:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:40:56 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> But in particular, EPEL needs it to work against RHEL if they want to
> be honest about their own policy statement (again, without waiting for
> someone to find out the hard way and report it).

EPEL is 'best effort'. If you would like to help us, you are welcome to
do so. Some things that could help us:

* Someone writing such a tool as you describe.

* Folks actually filing bugs when they see overlapping packages so we
  can remove them from epel (instead of posting about them where
  maintainers are unlikely to see them and retire their epel packages).

Thanks and I look forward to the folks coming in to help.

kevin