[CentOS-devel] getting epel-release into CentOS-7- extras/

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:22:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

>> > EPEL is 'best effort'. If you would like to help us, you are
>> > welcome to do so. Some things that could help us:
>>
>> Then do you mind adding that to the policy statement - that people
>> can't count on not overwriting base packages?
>
> Sure, I can bring that up at our next meeting.

Thanks - I've been burned before by EPEL's tendency to add packages
long after they have been available in other 3rd party repositories
but with different/conflicting configurations, but had so far just
taken it on faith that there would not be conflicts with base
packages.

But - can someone familiar with repository maintenance tools comment
on the metadata available and the difficulty of doing conflict
checking across multiple repos?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com