[CentOS-devel] 32-bit CentOS 7 - can I help?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 11 22:30:36 UTC 2014

On 09/11/2014 11:26 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 09/10/2014 05:51 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> so if you were to hit the repo's at buildlogs, you should be able to
>> workout what is missing, once we have that list we can start doing some
>> manual builds.
>
> So I've decided to take the approach of getting a mock-based build
> environment set up, which led me to wanting to get yum installed inside
> the chroot, which led me to my first missing package -- python-pycurl.
>
> I now have a shiny new python-pycurl-7.19.0-17.el7.i686.rpm, built in a
> 32-bit CentOS 7 chroot.
>
> What should I do with it?

Setup a local yum repo on your machine, and keep adding the ones you
build there, and use the repos from buildlogs.centos.org/ as a back-stop
for everything else. At some point you are going to need to attempt a
kernel build as well....

Keep a track of what fails and what is missing, we can then workout a
way for you to feed that back into the system and from there into
buildlogs. Stuff is a bit hectic till the middle of next week, at which
point we can have a go at making this happen. I suspect it might take
you a few days to get to a stage of relative confidence!

--
Karanbir Singh