[CentOS-devel] Proposal: CBS/Infrastructure Meeting 15-Sep-2014 13:00 UTC

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Sep 17 20:59:24 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 03:46 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Well I am not sure that FAS allows for federation yet :). I like to think
> of FAS as Kerberos done by people who hated Kerberos but generally adding
> in various features over time :).

Correct. Federation was discussed as being on the FAS3 roadmap. The
largest win I see from FAS is a common toolset with fedora/epel which
would (in theory) enable simpler contribution sharing.

With IPA, the largest win is that it's a part of the base distribution,
and quite well documented. There are no real "extras" required to make
it go.

> I personally have no horse in this race. I can help with getting a FAS up
> and relay problems we run into for the FAS3 development group which is
> working this December. I can also learn how FreeIPA works and help out
> there if possible.

Agreed. I don't really care which one we go with, so long as it does
what we need.

--
Jim Perrin