[CentOS-devel] Wallpaper

Andrew Ognev

80lin08 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 07:03:22 UTC 2014

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Pardon my ignorance - I know very little about Blender. Would it be
>> possible to tell us how we could take the blender file and render it to
>> the size of our own liking? I'm using a 4K monitor, not many wallpapers
>> for that resolution yet...
>
> I am a blender newbie, too. :)  I tried to find an option to specify
> the dimension (resolution) from the command line but was not able to.
> The only way to achieve this was by running blender in GUI and set up
> the desired parameters in the Dimensions section.
>
> "Resolution The Dimensions section has settings for the size of the
> rendered images. By default the dimensions SizeX and SizeY are
> 1920×1080 and can be changed by adjusting the X and Y fields. These
> buttons control the overall size of the image."
>
> (from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Output)
>
> Once this is set, blender used the specified resolution in the
> subsequent run from the CLI. For example, the following command seems
> to have worked (to write a jpg file):
>
> blender -b Wallpaper_3d_logo.blend -o /tmp/wall.jpg -F JPEG -x 1 -f 1
>
> Akemi

Blender has bad CLI. So even changing render resolution is tricky.
You can run this bash script to render at custom resolution:

x=1920; y=1080; echo "import bpy
bpy.data.scenes['Scene'].render.resolution_x=$x
bpy.data.scenes['Scene'].render.resolution_y=$y
bpy.ops.render.render(write_still=True)
" | blender -b ./Wallpaper_3d_logo.blend -o /tmp/wall.png -F PNG
--python-console

I recommend to use latest stable blender (2.71) because of render
engine optimizations, but at least blender 2.66.

Regards,
Andrew Ognev