[CentOS-devel] "CentOS.devel"

Colin Walters

walters at verbum.org
Tue Apr 7 15:10:47 UTC 2015

For a long time, Red Hat engineers have dropped public RPMs onto people.redhat.com.  Now that CentOS is a more official part of the family, it seems like an obvious idea to me, but why not create a "centos7-devel" branch that is public work that is intended to go into the next upstream update?

Several of the existing repos like virt7-testing and atomic7-testing could simply be folded into this repo.

As well as these "hand built" RPMs:
http://people.redhat.com/lnykryn/systemd/
http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-7.1-preview/

And I'm sure others.

(I wouldn't be surprised if this has come up before but I couldn't figure out any keywords that would find previous conversation on this topic from the archives)