[CentOS-devel] "CentOS.devel"

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Apr 9 21:54:06 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 12:02 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Couldn't a simple mechanism exists which asks every package maintainer
> before a new epel release gets created if his package should be included
> there (a mail with a link to website with a yes/no button would
> suffice, or something similar)?
By the simple fact of not creating an EL-7 branch, they've already opted
for "no". Most businesses still stay away of RHEL7/CentOS 7 and
therefore there still is little traction for EPEL7 as well. I am pretty
sure that things will change once EL5 becomes [even more] deprecated and
people switch to EL 7, but more water needs to flow below the bridges first.