[CentOS-devel] Hosting CentOS bugs on RH bugzilla

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Apr 15 12:00:55 UTC 2015

On 04/15/2015 06:09 AM, Marcin Dulak wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org
> <mailto:jperrin at centos.org>> wrote:
>

>     On 04/14/2015 03:17 PM, Marcin Dulak wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > i would like to add some more to the discussion started at
>     > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013163.html
>     >
>     > 1.
>     > On the plot attached to http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8447
>     > one can see that since the CentOS 7 release the number of unresolved
>     > issues on bugs.centos.org <http://bugs.centos.org> has increased,
>     > and the number is currently more than 50 unresolved issues per month.
>     > Many issues do not obtain any attention (nothing in the notes).
>     > This continues for several months, and is an unprecedented situation.
>
>     How is it unprecedented?
>

> it looks unprecedented to me on the plot.
> There has never been a time on bugs.centos.org <http://bugs.centos.org>
> with that
> many bugs left open per month for such a long period of time.

You do net seem to understand .. CentOS does NOT fix or close technical
bugs that exist in both RHEL and CentOS.  We only fix bugs that we
create in the few packages we modify that are not in RHEL source code,
if we introduce them.

CentOS rebuilds RHEL source code .. if there is a bug in the RHEL source
code, CentOS fixes it when it is fixed in the RHEL source code and released.

Bugs.centos.org is a tool for the community to help each other fix, then
report to Red Hat (if it is a bug in RHEL code).  It is NOT a place to
get support for CentOS.

CentOS does not now, nor have we ever provides support via
bugs.centos.org.  If there is a bug that effects you .. fix it and
report what you did to fix it.  Any and all support (if you want to use
that term) for CentOS does now, and always has, come from the community.

<snip>

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes