[CentOS-devel] Building a downstream CentOS Atomic Host

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 15 16:37:28 UTC 2015

On 15/04/15 14:21, Navid Shaikh wrote:

> I would like get involved in builds and testing.

excellent!

> What does `Source Drop` block means? Will it be a store of OSTree
> repositories as output of compose-server?

Since this is the downstream build, the source drop in this case would
be when the srpm sources show up at git.centos.org

but you raise a good question: once we have the image up, what ostree
repo would this be pointing at ? Off the top of my head, I'd guess the
ostree repo would just be the atomic definition in the composed images,
and a nightly update to include updates released into the CentOS Linux
distro. And then rebase on next release.

this way anyone, once onramped onto an atomic image, would just keep
running an 'atomic update' to get new content and never need to rebase
the image.

--
Karanbir Singh