[CentOS-devel] Hosting CentOS bugs on RH bugzilla

David Mansfield centos at dm.cobite.com
Wed Apr 15 17:40:24 UTC 2015

On 04/15/2015 12:45 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:

> TBH: Most (upstream)bugs tend to get closed anyway
> if someone finds out your not using RHEL.
> (This get's masked via sentences like "Please
> contact your support channel if you want to raise
> the priority of this problem")
>
> I wish RedHat would improve this behaviour, but
> you can not really argue if you get it for free.

While I have seen this, generally I would disagree, although I have seen
on numerous occasions that a fix would not be pushed until the next
"dot" release (i.e. not a candidate for the bug fix stream for the
current "dot" release), and in those cases I was asked that if I could
open a RH issue with under my account then maybe it would happen, which
is completely fair.

FWIW, I'm for coagulating the bug trackers.

Thanks,
David