[CentOS-devel] summary for tags/branches in SCLo SIG

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 17:22:33 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

few days back we talked about tags and branches names on the SCLo
meeting and I found out that I missed the important CBS meeting [1]..
which I'm sorry..

Anyway, we ended with things in our heads but I can't find anything
written, so I tried to summarize what should be the result (as I
understood it) and would like to ask for correction if I failed to get it...

I realize that rh-mariadb100 confuses people, because it includes rh- in
the name, but for tags/branches names it is nothing more than part of
the collection name. If the dash is an issue, then we may use underscore
(rh_mariadb100) or just rhmariadb100 if necessary for tags/branches, but
mariadb100 alone is simply not correct.

What is more, not all collections in RHSCL have rh- prefix (existing
collections) although the new collections should have it in the future.

Anyway, I rather took another collection (that doesn't use rh- prefix)
to not complicate it even more and the bellow are examples of two
collections within SCLo -- one that *is part of RHSCL* (mariadb55) and
one that is only part of SCLo (mariadb55extra; could include packages
that extend mariadb55 collection for example), which *is not part* of RHSCL.

final tags (and repositories) for non-RHSCL collections (include also
packages from rhscl repos bellow):
sclo6-sclo-release
sclo6-sclo-candidate
sclo6-sclo-testing
sclo7-sclo-release
sclo7-sclo-candidate
sclo7-sclo-testing

final tags (and repositories) for RHSCL collections (separate in order
to allow using the sclo- repositories together with RH's rhscl channel,
the same as epel is used):
sclo6-rhscl-release
sclo6-rhscl-candidate
sclo6-rhscl-testing
sclo7-rhscl-release
sclo7-rhscl-candidate
sclo7-rhscl-testing

build tags:
sclo6-el6-mariadb55extra-sclo-build
sclo7-el7-mariadb55extra-sclo-build
sclo6-el6-mariadb55-rhscl-build
sclo7-el7-mariadb55-rhscl-build
(el6- and el7- part used for keeping the disttag in the name as agreed
from the beginning for all SIGs -- that was mentioned as a requirement
before already)

build targets:
sclo6-el6-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo7-el7-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo6-el6-mariadb55-rhscl
sclo7-el7-mariadb55-rhscl

git branches under sclo/ project:
sclo6-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo7-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo6-mariadb55-rhscl
sclo7-mariadb55-rhscl

git branches under rpms/ project:
sclo6-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo7-mariadb55extra-sclo
sclo6-mariadb55-rhscl
sclo7-mariadb55-rhscl

Are we on the same page with the schema above?

[1]
http://www.centos.org/minutes/2015/april/centos-devel.2015-04-13-14.01.log.html

Honza