[CentOS-devel] Building a downstream CentOS Atomic Host

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 21 14:37:28 UTC 2015

On 04/21/2015 08:28 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> On 04/21/2015 12:00 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
>> On 04/14/2015 04:52 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One of the things that the Atomic SIG will attempt to do is build a
>>> downstream CentOS Atomic host, that is modelled on the RHEL Atomic host.
>>> Most code and info needed for this is now available, and its a good
>>> point to think about the build, release process. I've attached a map of
>>> what that might look like. Think of it as a proposal.
>>
>> +1. I think this will serve as the stable build for CentOS Atomic SIG.
>>
>> Have we decided about the time-line to make this happen?
>>

> The reason I am interested in it because I am getting in to one or other
> issues while using the test builds of CentOS Atomic hosts and don't
> think SIG provides a stable build yet.  So I think rebuilding the RHEL
> Atomic will give us a stable Atomic host.

the intention is to build this as soon as we can and get the things moving.

Its not going to be a clear build => done situation, we will need to
iterate over things a few times, and there will also be some patching /
de-branding that needs to be done ( hoping to do all this in the mailing
list here, to get max exposure and ideally help! )

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh