[CentOS-devel] CentOS - SIG Hardening

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 22 13:55:56 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 03:10 PM, Earl A Ramirez wrote:

> This looks promising, do we need some sort of formal proposal to the
> CentOS board to get the ball rolling?

You will need someone to help with that process, i can do that if you
are willing to wait till the first week of May.

Another thing i want to throw in, paraphrasing another conversation:

We should consider for EL7,  building everything (as far as possible) as
PIE/RELRO, swapping out dlmalloc in libc for something else (probably
jemalloc). Perhaps also use -finit-local-vars (especially in the kernel)
and -fwrapv.

Thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh