[CentOS-devel] Getting started on contributing to CentOS

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:06:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Gow Tham <s_gowtham at live.com> wrote:
> I have been using CentOS for quite a while now and would like to switch from
> the user to a contributor. kbsingh mentioned on the ilug mailing list that
> this was a good time to get acquainted with the community because of the
> influx of new users due to the Google Summer of Code event. Looking at the
> Summer of Code ideas page, (http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas ), the
> one about writing a Lightweight Cloud instance contextualisation tool seemed
> like a good place to start. How can I start with it ?

A quick question - did you write up a draft of your proposal and push
it to the GSoC Melange system for The CentOS Project? As per
<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015>
27 March: 19:00 UTC - Student application deadline was the milestone
by which applications were required to be in the system.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>