[CentOS-devel] Switching to centralized authentication for CBS Infrastructure (aka FAS vs IPA)

Brian Stinson

brian at bstinson.com
Tue Apr 14 18:12:15 UTC 2015

On Apr 14 09:58, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/08/2015 09:23 PM, Brian Stinson wrote:
> >
> > Thoughts/Questions?
> >

> For properties that already have overlapping account space - eg.
> bugs.centos.org and maybe cbs.centos.org or the forums / wiki etc, do
> you have any thoughts on howto unify the accounts ?
>

> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

We have a couple of options in that space. FAS3[1] will speak LDAP and
FedOAuth has a FAS authentication module if we want to look into OpenID.
It appears that both Mantis and phpBB have LDAP support built in.

Of course the same options (LDAP + OpenID) apply to FreeIPA, since
FedOAuth also has an LDAP module.

Brian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Laxathom/Drafts:FAS3.0
--