[CentOS-devel] triggering external actions from koji builds

Thomas Oulevey

thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Wed Apr 15 07:25:08 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

On 04/15/2015 05:07 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 07:04 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> My immediate requirement is to run jenkins jobs when a new rpm drops
>> into a repo. Does koji have any support for this without the remote
>> having to constantly poll every second ?
>
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/koji/tree/plugins/messagebus.py
>
> is one example.  The main question I'd say is around *which* messaging system
> and the larger work around wiring things up around it like Fedora has been
> doing with fedmsg.

I agree that having a messaging queue is the best solution long term.

In the meantime, we could hack something like this :
https://github.com/philicious/koji-scripts-and-plugins/blob/master/mash_and_spacewalk_sync_task_handler/mash_and_spacewalk.py

Run mash tasks and do some action at the end.

--
Thomas.