[CentOS-devel] [SIG Harden] Personal goals

leam hall

leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:46:02 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> On 04/29/2015 02:06 PM, leam hall wrote:
> > There are a lot of RHEL 5 boxes in production. Any solution that doesn't
> > take it into account isn't a solution for me.
>

> Oh I know there are tons of el5 boxen. From the project side we'll
> continue to provide for them. From a personal side, I'm just not
> interested in el5 anymore.

Understood. I'm not against RHEL 7 stuff but don't use it personally.  ;)

The part that grates on me most is that RH isn't hyped about supporting
RHEL 5 much. There are large, paying, installs that could use SCAP, but
can't. Thus their SCAP tool is kinda wimpy.

--
Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>