[CentOS-devel] Adding geo distributed builder hardware for cbs.centos.org

Howard Johnson merlin at mwob.org.uk
Mon Aug 10 20:49:13 UTC 2015

On 10/08/2015 21:18, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> ok, so we need to nfs share /mnt/koji amongst all the builders,
> regardless of arch or target; apart from this - are there any other
> challenges ? how did fedora run the shadow builders back in the day of
> secondary arch's - is that still a thing ?

PPC64(le), s390(x) and aarch64 are all Fedora secondary architectures.
Each one has its own Koji environment, seperate from the primary env in
the Fedora infrastructure.  Koji-shadow works by pulling build
information down via the Koji hub web server, not using a shared NFS
mount.  As each shadow koji manages its own build yum repos, access to
the primary koji's NFS mount isn't needed.  My recollection is that the
original Fedora ARM Koji setup (when armv7hl was a secondary arch) was
hosted at Seneca in Toronto.

So, if you want to use the Fedora model, all primary arch builders need
access to a common NFS mount.  Any secondary arches don't.

--
HJ