[CentOS-devel] [Introduction] Social Media Policies for CentOS

Brian Proffitt bkp at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 13:00:09 UTC 2015

On 08/12/2015 08:27 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> So,
>
> A couple questions here:
>
> 1. Are there equivalent guidelines for projects like Fedora, oVirt,
> KDE,etc to review/compare against?

There are, though I believe they are in a bit of bang-up shape. Here is
a quick list of what I found thus far:

KDE: https://community.kde.org/Promo/People/social_media, (which has a
link to a great guide at
http://www.lydiapintscher.de/whitepapers/Social_Media_Guide_For_Free_Software_Projects.pdf)

openSUSE: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_contacts

Fedora:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks#Proposed_strategy

(Fedora may be a bit out of date; I am currently talking to their board
and some of this seems like it's not been implemented.)

Projects like oVirt, which are sadly not as organization-diverse as
CentOS and Fedora, are not terribly applicable examples in this case,
since their social policies are really in line with the sponsoring
organization (in oVirt's case, Red Hat). I want to foster a policy
that's in line with CentOS' governance.

> 2. Question for the community-at-large, who else would be interested in
> participating?
>

> On 08/11/2015 11:23 AM, Brian Proffitt wrote:

[snip]

--

Principal Community Analyst
Open Source and Standards