[CentOS-devel] Central Auth: Group naming and Process Proposal

Mike McLean mikem at imponderable.org
Tue Aug 18 16:29:24 UTC 2015

Note that Koji doesn't actually limit building, it limits tagging. So you
can run scratch builds and skip-tag builds against any tag, regardless of
permissions. You just can't tag those builds when they are done.

The 'build' permission in Koji is actually unused currently.

Tagging is limited on two levels in Koji. The basic level is the permission
requirement that can be set for each tag. When this is set, only users with
the required permission can tag or untag there.

The next level is to adjust the tag policy on the hub (in hub.conf). This
gives you more flexibility, and allows for more complex logic, but updating
the hub config is a little more complicated than just running some edit-tag
commands. You can read more about Koji policies here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/Policies
(unfortunately not a complete doc, but better than nothing)

I think syncing FAS groups data to CBS permissions sounds reasonable. Using
permissions means you can just use the tag permission settings and not have
to worry about hub policy.