[CentOS-devel] EL6 SCL packages

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:53:59 UTC 2015

Am 18.08.2015 um 15:46 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
> On 08/18/2015 06:03 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
>> This place may be more appropriate then centos-list.
>> My subscription is new therefore sorry, if already asked:
>>
>> How is the centos policy for EL6 SCL packages? I see some
>> activities about a sclo7 branch but how is the status for
>> rhscl especially el6's ones?

thanks for answering

> I was under the impression that the SCL SIG was doing all SCLs for el6
> and el7.
>
> If they are not doing el6, I can maintain the ones we currently have in
> EL6, but I am not adding things where all the build requirements are not
> complete (ie maven, java, etc.)

in 6Server/en/RHSCL are a lot of more packages then
in centos.org/6.7/SCL/, so - providing at least that
packages that already were released would make sense.

> I can maintain updates for the ones we currently have released
> if the SIG or softwarecollections.org is not maintaining them.

I do not see at softwarecollections.org something that
correlates for example with:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2015-1629.html

For sure others have also some CentOS SCL packages in use.
Therefore thanks in advance for your effort to closing the gap.

--
LF