[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG][CBS]Understanding a bit more the NFV SIG builds and repos

Joseph Gasparakis

joseph.gasparakis at intel.com
Sat Aug 1 17:15:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I finally put some time aside to move forward with building RPMs for DPDK
2.0 for the CentOS NFV SIG.

In particular, I used pretty much the same spec file from Red Hat (made
sure the RPM release matches what CBS expects for release) and I created
package dpdk-2.0.0-1.el7.centos with buildID 1476.

I am guessing I really should have built dpdk-2.0.0-8.el7.centos as I have
kept all the changelog intact which goes up to number 8, and also keep it
in sync with the Red Hat version? Any comments on that?

Then my next question is that I noticed that following my successful
build, kojira created task 16722 in order to create a new repo, which
makes sense. According to that, since my RPM has tag
nfv7-common-el7-build the dpdk rpm should apear on centos7-updates
external repo, right? Following to this (and if I am right so far)
shouldn't there be a specific repo for NFV SIG instead of centos7-updates
which is a standard external repo?

I have some more questions, but I will pause here if someone could shed
some lights, that would be great.

Thanks

Joseph